UC Freshman Admission – Everything You Need To Know
Below is a consolidated list of freshman admission information I have gathered over the years (plus my advice), which was previously scattered all across my blog but now in one place for easy access!
Personal Insight Questions General Guideline
- Freshman Application Timeline – UC Personal Insight Questions
- Winning Strategy for the UC Personal Insight Questions Webinar
UC Personal Insight Questions How-To Guide
- Part I: Show, Don’t Tell
- Part II: Talk About Yourself
- The Role Noncognitive Skills Plays in the UC Personal Insight Questions
- How to be “Authentic” in Your UC Personal Insight Questions
UC Application How-To Guide
- Part I: Pick Your Major (how to find major-specific admit rates)
- Part II: Additional Comments
- Part III: Personal Insight Questions Tricks
- Part IV: Application Fee Payment
Freshman Admission Resources
- UC Freshman Admission Update (systemwide information)
- Berkeley Freshman Admission Update
- UCLA Freshman Admission Update
- UC Freshman Admissions 101 (crash course on what you need to know)
- Choosing a Major (using case studies to show how major choices affect your application strategy)
Essay Review and College Admissions Consulting Services
Know someone who can benefit from this information? Share the page with family and friends using a button below!
Help support this blog by making a contribution today! Any amount is greatly appreciated!
Join the discussion and tell us your opinion.
do student need to report social security number on UC application?
This is what the UC Application “Help” section said regarding the SSN:
How do UCs evaluate a student with a low capped GPA and a high uncapped GPA (4.07 vs 4.8). I have a 4.0UW and I took numerous DE classes throughout high school which is why my uncapped is so high. Unfortunately though, since UCs cap, I missed out on ELC. I know Berkeley and LA see my uncapped, but what about Davis, SD and SB — would they look at my uncapped or just filter me out for my low capped?
Most UCs use uncapped weighted GPA and unweighted GPA for admission evaluation. I believe only Merced and Riverside are still using capped GPA, maybe Santa Barbara (the campus has been adjusting its evaluation process so I have no idea what’s going on this year).