UC Transfer Admission Decision Timeline (Preliminary)

I just updated the confirmed and projected (based on previous application cycles) Fall 2022 UC transfer decision release dates. Since the number of transfer applications declined for Fall 2022 (a 12.6% decrease from previous year), I anticipate the decision timeline will remain similar to last year, if not shifting toward earlier in April.

You will receive an email from each campus when the decision becomes available. Some UC campuses may state the decision within the email, while others will require you to log into the applicant portal to check the admission decision. All UCs will mail admissions packets to admitted students; campuses will NOT mail letters to students who are NOT admitted.

Help support this blog by making a contribution today! Any amount is greatly appreciated!

lia mreply
March 15, 2022 at 1:57 pm

I am a transfer applicant and just received a request from UCLA to provide a course syllabus from a class taken at my current campus. Should I be worried or hopeful?

March 15, 2022 at 3:15 pm
– In reply to: lia m

It just means UCLA (and possibly other UCs) is trying to figure out if the course is transferable and/or if it will satisfy a requirement (depending on the course, could be for English, math, or major preparation).

Susiereply
March 25, 2022 at 7:50 am

Hello there! I’m a transfer applicant and I had a question about UCLA’s Regent scholarships! I’ve heard different things about when those decisions will be released, ranging from responses like “you’ll get your acceptance a month early with the regent scholarship invite” to “they’ll come out randomly”. Do you happen to know how this works?

March 28, 2022 at 12:25 pm
– In reply to: Susie

UCLA has been tweaking the Regents process the last couple years (I think because yield has become really unpredictable) so I have no idea what the campus is up to at this point.

Marcreply
March 30, 2022 at 4:03 pm

I got a message asking if I can provide unofficial transcripts, should I be worried?

March 30, 2022 at 9:29 pm
– In reply to: Marc

The UCs are just trying to figure out your academic records. Assuming you reported everything correctly on the UC Application, you will be fine.

Damon Mreply
April 4, 2022 at 3:25 pm

Does the fact that there are less transfer students in ’22 increase one’s odds ever so slightly, or do they simply increase the # of freshman admits? Curious how this situation impacts admissions as a whole?

April 4, 2022 at 4:13 pm
– In reply to: Damon M

Transfer admission odds may improve, but keep in mind the decrease may not be evenly distributed across the majors (there may be significant decrease in applications in some majors but minor increases in other majors).

Based on what the UCs have done in the past, I don’t expect the system to take more freshmen (freshmen occupy space for 4+ years whereas transfers only occupy space for 2+ years). In fact, the UCs have done the opposite in the past (reduce freshman enrollment to make space for transfers). But, ultimately, the UCs do whatever they want whenever they want, so there’s no way to know.

prohaskadrakereply
April 6, 2022 at 6:12 pm

I have not received any emails from any of the UC’s since mid-March. I was wondering if any transfer students have received their decisions yet… even though it is still early April

April 6, 2022 at 10:03 pm
– In reply to: prohaskadrake

See confirmed and projected decision dates here.

Danreply
April 9, 2022 at 12:54 am

My friends just got their acceptance from Uci, but I still haven’t gotten mine. Does that mean my chances of getting in is lower now?

April 10, 2022 at 12:04 pm
– In reply to: Dan

I remember some instances of people getting admitted toward the end of April. But it’s up to you whether you want to wait for the decision or give up now and move onto something else.

Ms Sreply
April 10, 2022 at 9:44 am

My kid refuses to check the portals for acceptance, claiming it’s a waste of time as every UC also emails all acceptances. Do you know of any admitted transfer applicants who were not notified by email? If so, which UC(s) didn’t email?

April 10, 2022 at 12:35 pm
– In reply to: Ms S

All UCs will send an email when the admission decision has been posted in the student’s portal (UC emails often end up in the spam/junk folder, so there’s that). All UCs will send acceptance packets by postal mail to students who were offered admission (no need to worry if reliable internet is not available in your area; although, hopefully, postal mail service is reliable in your area).

Transfer decisions are typically released in April. Most UCs have not released decisions. I have confirmed and projected transfer decision dates posted here. You can also sign up for blog updates as I post a new blog entry whenever decisions are released.

Tamariskreply
April 12, 2022 at 10:48 pm

Someone mentioned on one of the forums that an alumni reader for the Alumni Scholarship said that he/she received email from UCLA re a delay to end of the month to read the scholarships…have you heard similarly? I hope not but if so, I wonder what would cause the delay.

April 15, 2022 at 6:36 am
– In reply to: Tamarisk

I already got so many emails from everyone who’s trying to convince me that the decision will be released later. The decisions will either come out today or later; debating about it doesn’t really change anything.

Gregoryreply
April 13, 2022 at 6:27 pm

Only from UC Santa Cruz on April 1st

April 15, 2022 at 6:39 am
– In reply to: Gregory

Congrats!

Katherine Anne Grahamreply
April 14, 2022 at 2:50 pm

Is there anyway to know what time of day the decisions are usually released? Is it morning or afternoon?

April 15, 2022 at 6:45 am
– In reply to: Katherine Anne Graham

Usually afternoon.

Dominicreply
April 15, 2022 at 10:22 am

Hi there!
I find your website so helpful, so thank you for being an amazing resource for current and prospective students! How certain are you that UCLA will release transfer admissions decisions today? And if so, at approximately what time?
Thanks again!

April 15, 2022 at 1:34 pm
– In reply to: Dominic

I misplaced my crystal ball so I can’t tell you. UCLA usually releases decisions around 5 p.m. Pacific Time.

Michaelreply
April 15, 2022 at 11:20 am

Have heard some chatter that if decisions come today, it will only be for those who were in the TAP program. Any truth to this?

April 15, 2022 at 1:35 pm
– In reply to: Michael

Doubtful. UCLA always released all decisions on the same day (not to say the campus can’t decide to change things up).

Caleigh Olgeirsonreply
April 15, 2022 at 1:55 pm

Have any transfer applicants heard from UC Davis yet?

April 15, 2022 at 4:23 pm
– In reply to: Caleigh Olgeirson

No, there’s some debate about whether it will come out today or next Friday (the admissions office is apparently giving out conflicting information according to discussions on College Confidential).

Susiereply
April 15, 2022 at 3:35 pm

Hi Ms.Sun, I don’t have a question or anything for you to answer, but I do want to mention how much I appreciate you taking time out of your day to update/provide important information us anxious high schoolers and college transfers. I know you’re probably pretty annoyed at all the nagging questions we have but please know we value what you do some much and it truly makes an impact on us. Thank you so much for everything Ms.Sun!

April 15, 2022 at 4:40 pm
– In reply to: Susie

Hahaha, thank you!!! 🙂

I get a little annoyed sometimes, but I try to remember that all of this is new to you and that there’s no such thing as stupid questions. So just bear with me if I get a little testy; sleep deprivation gets the better of me every now and then!

Timothy Hawleyreply
April 15, 2022 at 3:52 pm

Haven’t heard anything from UCLA yet. Maybe it will be Monday?

April 15, 2022 at 4:48 pm
– In reply to: Timothy Hawley

If the decisions are released today, they should come out around 5 p.m. Pacific Time.

John cenareply
April 15, 2022 at 5:13 pm

Nothing today I guess. Hopefully next week!

April 15, 2022 at 5:43 pm
– In reply to: John cena

Fingers crossed.

Katherine Anne Grahamreply
April 15, 2022 at 8:58 pm

Do decisions typically only come out on fridays?

April 17, 2022 at 12:17 pm
– In reply to: Katherine Anne Graham

Some UCs specify the decision release dates and those are not always on Fridays.

Alex Sureply
April 15, 2022 at 11:27 pm

Will UC puts decisions out on weekends? Or it’s only on Friday?

April 17, 2022 at 12:18 pm
– In reply to: Alex Su

I think they decided they don’t want to work on weekends (I haven’t seen decisions released on weekends for a really long time).

Yukreply
April 15, 2022 at 11:56 pm

What do you think when will be the transfer decision day for UCLA and UCSD? Thank you

April 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
– In reply to: Yuk

Maybe this coming Friday. If not, then by next Friday.

Joyreply
April 19, 2022 at 4:35 pm

Hi Ms. Sun, you were definitely spot-on with UCI decision date for transfer student. My daughter received her acceptance. We are now just anxiously awaiting UCB and UCLA. Thank you for giving us some perspective on decision dates. It is extremely helpful.

April 19, 2022 at 11:17 pm
– In reply to: Joy

Glad I could help!

Breonnahreply
April 22, 2022 at 10:13 am

Good Morning Ms. Sun, do you know about what time Berkeley will come out with decisions today? I’m on pins and needles. Hopefully UCLA and UCSD come out with their decisions today as well.

April 22, 2022 at 3:13 pm
– In reply to: Breonnah

Usually between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.

Breonnahreply
April 22, 2022 at 5:05 pm

I got into Berkeley, just waiting on UCLA 🙂

April 22, 2022 at 5:22 pm
– In reply to: Breonnah

Congratulations!

Joyreply
April 22, 2022 at 5:50 pm
– In reply to: Ms. Sun

Congrats! What major did you declare at UCB?

Johnreply
April 25, 2022 at 11:45 am

Hello, Any idea when UCLA and UCSD are coming out with decisions?

April 25, 2022 at 11:51 am
– In reply to: John

Decisions will be out by the end of this week.

Breonnahreply
April 26, 2022 at 12:58 pm

I am majoring in Global Studies. I want to be a broadcast journalist.

Joyreply
April 26, 2022 at 7:06 pm
– In reply to: Breonnah

Congrats Breonnah!

Jessicareply
April 26, 2022 at 11:09 pm

Ms. Sun,
If one is a transfer applicant and the campuses (eg, UCLA) may notify an applicant anytime between March 1 and May 1, if one has not heard back (given it’s the last week of April) does that most likely mean one did not get accepted to the school?

April 27, 2022 at 1:28 pm
– In reply to: Jessica

UCLA releases all transfer decisions on the same day (likely today). I’m not sure where you heard March, that’s not the case for UCLA (almost always the second half of April).

Jessicareply
April 27, 2022 at 1:37 pm
– In reply to: Ms. Sun

Thank you Ms. Sun that’s comforting to know. I had read that on the internet when I did a generic search of UCLA transfer decisions for 2022. There’s still hope 😅

Ms. Sun
April 27, 2022 at 1:41 pm
– In reply to: Jessica

This cycle (Fall 2022), only Merced and Riverside released some decisions in March. If you followed the link that was in the blog post, you would have seen the currently known/already released and projected decision dates I have.

Cherylreply
April 27, 2022 at 8:23 pm

UCLA transfer decisions came out. Was not accepted. My sister goes to ucla and received an email earlier today inviting her to welcome all the new transfer students tomorrow – before I even received my notice of non acceptance. That tells me that the acceptance decisions are released earlier than the denials. Just for future reference. I found out at 6:33pm, she got the email at 1:25pm earlier today. Extremely disappointing day. Congrats to those who made the cut.

April 27, 2022 at 9:56 pm
– In reply to: Cheryl

All of the decisions were released in the portal around 5 p.m. today. The notification your sister received should only indicate WHEN the decision release will occur (today), but NOT WHO will be admitted or rejected (if UCLA is handing out a complete list of all newly admitted transfer students to current students, the campus is in serious breach of FERPA). The email sent out to applicants typically go out a little after the decisions are released in the portal and delivery time may vary (depending on the speed of the receiving servers).

Robertreply
April 28, 2022 at 9:41 am

Got waitlisted at UCLA after getting into UC Irvine earlier this month. So I’m just wondering if it’s smart to commit to UCI while waiting to hear about possibly getting accepted off the UCLA waitlist. Thanks for all the good advice you provide here!

April 30, 2022 at 10:57 pm
– In reply to: Robert

You should commit to a campus that has admitted you.

Giovannireply
April 28, 2022 at 6:49 pm

When will the decision for UCSD come out?

April 30, 2022 at 11:02 pm
– In reply to: Giovanni

Decisions were released on Friday (4/29).

Helenreply
April 28, 2022 at 7:01 pm

Do every transfer applicants will receive waitlist offer from the UCLA?

April 30, 2022 at 11:02 pm
– In reply to: Helen

Feels that way sometimes.

Keyoreply
April 28, 2022 at 7:04 pm

I got rejected from UCLA. How does the appeal process work? Would you recommend me to appeal? Thx

April 30, 2022 at 11:03 pm
– In reply to: Keyo

These questions are too vague and I am unable to formulate reasonable answers.

Yurreply
April 28, 2022 at 10:09 pm

I got rejected from UCLA. I want to know the process of apealibg. How does that work and would you recommend me to do it. What are my chances to win? Thanks

April 30, 2022 at 11:05 pm
– In reply to: Yur

These questions are too vague and I am unable to formulate reasonable answers.

Hamed Salmanzadehreply
June 13, 2022 at 10:42 pm

Hi, I am on UCSD waitlist, today UCSD asked me to provide proof of CA residency. Is that a good sign?

June 14, 2022 at 8:25 am
– In reply to: Hamed Salmanzadeh

Did you check your portal to see if your status changed?

Questions or Comments?