Updated UC Freshman Admission Decision Timeline

Update:

I discovered a post on College Confidential from a self-proclaimed UCLA insider stating that UCLA will release freshman decisions this Friday (3/22/2019). The date of the post is pretty close to when Alumni Association does the scholarship orientation (I’ve been to a few, and the orientation does provide the freshman decision date in the scholarship application review timeline; I lost that source of information because UCLA got really hostile toward me and I no longer participate in volunteering activities with the Alumni Association).

I suspect UCSD will release decisions around the same time as UCLA. I had previously mentioned the Annual Report on Undergraduate Admissions Requirements and Comprehensive Review that was released April 2018. If you read the report, you would’ve seen, on page 43 of the PDF file, that UCSD had implemented steps for “greater utilization of the shared scores from UCLA enabled the campus to meet the admission release deadline of mid-March.”

UCSB has confirmed freshman decision release date of tomorrow (3/19/2019). The information is posted on the admissions website.

UCI has not confirmed decision release date yet. The overall speculation from various internet sources is that UCI may release tomorrow (3/19/2019) like UCSB or this Friday (3/22/2019) with UCLA.

Original Post from March 4, 2019:

Below is the preliminary timeline of when you can expect to find your freshman admission decision online from each UC campus. Some campuses have confirmed decision release dates (often posted within your applicant portal); for campuses that do not have confirmed decision release dates, I added anticipated dates based on the decision dates from last year.

For the most up-to-date known decision release dates, see Freshman Application Timeline – UC Decisions.

You will receive an email from the campus notifying you that your admission status has changed when the decision becomes available (occasionally there is a 1-2 day delay between when the decision becomes available and when the email goes out). You usually have to log into the online system to check your admission decision (some UC campuses may state the decision within the email). All UCs will send admissions packets to admitted students; campuses will NOT mail letters to students who are NOT admitted.

Help support this blog by making a contribution today! Any amount is greatly appreciated! (Don’t have a PayPal account? Click “Pay with Debit or Credit Card”!)

Bevreply
March 29, 2019 at 3:22 pm

I have a question , does UC Merced reply on admissions late because my son hasn’t got anything yet and its the end of the month now?

March 29, 2019 at 4:58 pm
– In reply to: Bev

He should hear back by this weekend. All UCs are committed to release all freshman decisions by the end of March.

Bevreply
March 31, 2019 at 2:23 pm
– In reply to: Ms. Sun

I hope so, nothing yet and its technically the last day? I wonder if something went wrong. If we dont hear today then I guess he will call tomorrow. Also, I wonder what the odds are, its pretty late now for acceptance right?

March 31, 2019 at 3:13 pm
– In reply to: Bev

I looked around online and it sounded like there are still students who haven’t heard back. Please make sure you are logging into your MyUCMerced account to check for the decision. Try refreshing/reloading the page (press F5 on your keyboard or the reload icon, usually in or near the URL/address bar of your browser) in case the page is cached (another UC had this problem several years ago, where the applicant portal was automatically cached and not reloading when the admission decision was posted).

Bevreply
March 31, 2019 at 3:20 pm

Thanks so for your help and availability. Your awesome!

March 31, 2019 at 3:24 pm
– In reply to: Bev

I’m happy to help!

Sharylynreply
March 31, 2019 at 10:05 pm

Hi! When will the decision for wait list be released? Thank you!

April 1, 2019 at 11:20 am
– In reply to: Sharylyn

Currently the UCs are saying by the end of June (should be in the waitlist FAQ of the campus that issued the waitlist offer to you). But I know a few years ago one or two of the UCs kept pushing the notification date back (so they changed the information posted on the first page after applicants log in; it started with June 1, then it changed to end of June, and eventually it became sometime during the summer). Be prepared for a long and arduous wait (move forward with your backup options; there is no guarantee you will come off the waitlist, especially when most UCs make thousands of waitlist offers to students).

Mikereply
April 3, 2019 at 4:31 pm

I just got accepted! I was wondering if we ever receive a physical mail or welcome package?
Thanks for your help!

April 3, 2019 at 8:25 pm
– In reply to: Mike

Congratulations!!! You should receive an acceptance letter by mail within a week or so.

Perplexedreply
May 2, 2019 at 10:33 pm

When can we expect appeal responses from uc irvine and uc santa Barbara? Also currently on waitlist for electrical engineering at UC Riverside , should I call admissions and give them alternative major ? Would rather go there than UC Merced. Thanks

May 3, 2019 at 9:47 am
– In reply to: Perplexed

UCs don’t have self-imposed deadlines for notifying students of appeal decisions. Usually the definite no’s and yes’s will hear back relatively quickly; UCs may hold onto the maybe-yes’s for a long time waiting to see if spaces open up.

UCR assigns admission counselors by region (find yours here). Talk to your admission counselor and ask whether you can provide an alternate major and if that would make a difference.

Any Questions?