UC Transfer Academic Update

From Transfer academic update (retrieved on January 9, 2022):

After applying, transfer students are required to update their grades and course records.

You must provide your final grades from the previous term and list all courses in progress or planned for the term before you expect to enroll. Your updates will ensure UC campuses have the most current academic information available. Even if you do not have any in-progress or planned courses and your record of course grades was complete in your original application, you must log in to your application and complete the Transfer Academic Update.

Fall 2022

TAUs need to include grades through fall 2021 and planned coursework through summer 2022. The priority deadline is January 31, 2022.

Notes:

• The Transfer Academic Update is available online now.
  • ALL transfer applicants (sophomore, junior, and senior transfers) MUST complete the update at least once before the priority deadline.
  • The Transfer Academic Update will remain open after the priority deadline and transfer applicants may continue using it to submit grades/schedule updates until the end of March.
  • Remember that UC campuses may hold you accountable for planned summer courses (and cancel your admission offer when you don’t come through; I have heard of a few instances of such cancellations). Do NOT put down summer courses unless you know for sure that: 1) the courses will actually be offered and 2) you are fully committed to completing the courses.
  • Berkeley requires an additional update which can be accessed through MAP@Berkeley. Berkeley transfer applicants MUST complete BOTH the Transfer Academic Update and the Berkeley update in order to be considered for admission.

Help support this blog by making a contribution today! Any amount is greatly appreciated!

Davidreply
January 10, 2022 at 5:40 pm

Hi, I was wondering if we could include significant achievements in the TAU as part of the additional comments section.

January 10, 2022 at 6:14 pm
– In reply to: David

That section is meant for academic-related explanation/description and has a 550-character limit that is not accumulative (whatever is in the box is what the admission officers will see; anything submitted and then removed/replaced will not be tracked by the application system).

Sofyareply
January 15, 2022 at 4:03 pm

Hello, thanks for all the info! I was wondering if I can submit a second TAU since there is one class change from my spring 2022 schedule. Are all the entries of TAUs showing in the system? I have already submitted one on January 7, 2022. I can still take the class but it won’t be offered in person anymore. Would you recommend that I keep the class and not submit another TAU, or it is ok to submit another one?

January 16, 2022 at 10:31 am
– In reply to: Sofya

As long as your first submission occurred before the end of January, you will be “on time.” Any subsequent submissions will replace the information you previously submitted (so whatever is showing on your TAU is what the admission officers will see). The UCs encourage students to update them of schedule changes and new grades, but do not guarantee review of information submitted after the end of January (but I encourage everyone to submit updates since that is a guaranteed way for you to say you had notified UCs of changes). The TAU will remain open until the end of March and you may continue to submit changes until then.

Jessicareply
January 22, 2022 at 2:04 am

Hi, Ms. Sun! Thank you so much for this post. I submitted two TAUs- I needed to clarify something, thus, I submitted another one. Would the UCs see all versions that I submitted? Or just the most recent one?

January 22, 2022 at 10:51 am
– In reply to: Jessica

The UCs will only see the latest version (information you changed or removed will not be available).

Stevenreply
February 16, 2022 at 12:15 am

Hi Ms. Sun, I’m a freshman at Santa Cruz and I have already applied to other UCs. One issue I may have is that I am not allowed to declare my major until fall when I will have finished all my lower divs next quarter (spring). Should I just notify the other UCs ?

February 16, 2022 at 3:31 pm
– In reply to: Steven

UCs you’ve applied to don’t care whether you are able to declare your major or what major you intend to declare at UCSC. Transfer admission evaluation depends on whether you have completed (or will complete by the end of spring term) the major preparation requirements for the major you intend to declare at each UC where you applied.

Leeannareply
March 2, 2022 at 2:55 pm

Hi Ms. Sun, I am a transfer applicant and I already submitted a TAU before the January 31st deadline. I had a grade change for a Fall 2021 grade that was updated just yesterday. This would really improve my chances so I went ahead and submitted another TAU today and I called a few UC’s that told me there were no other options I could take such as emailing the grade specifically to them. Although, they said they would see the changes because it would flag it. Do you know of anything else I can do as of now?

March 2, 2022 at 3:07 pm
– In reply to: Leeanna

According to the UCs (at the transfer counselor workshops), the transfer admission officers receive a notification for any new TAU submissions sent after the 1/31 deadline.

Kirtreply
April 1, 2022 at 2:41 pm

Hello Ms. Sun! I submitted my TAU before the priority deadline. I just wanted to ask if I dropped my political science class, would it affect my admissions decision? I am aware that political science is not a UC requirement, but rather a CSU requirement. Would the Uc’s rescind my acceptance if I decided to drop this class? Or would it not affect since its not a UC requirement?

April 1, 2022 at 3:11 pm
– In reply to: Kirt

If it doesn’t affect your ability to meet the minimum unit requirement, IGETC/GE requirement, or major preparation requirement, then you should be fine. But you should send all of the UCs an update regarding the schedule change through your applicant portal.

Rayareply
April 11, 2022 at 6:40 pm

Hi, I applied using the UC application program, and I tagged Irvine. In doing so, I had put the classes which I had done prior to tagging, and imported the information using TAP. However, I was checking my application earlier today, and I noticed that my Summer 2020 classes were not transferred in my application. I just wanted to ask whether the universities would still be able to view this information, as I was not purposefully hiding it, it just was not transferred. Additionally, what should I do? I already got accepted to a couple universities, and reached out to their counselors as well letting them know. I just don’t want them to have the impression that this information was not mentioned for a reason. I know that the TAU deadline has passed already, but I do not know what more to do. Thanks in advance.

April 12, 2022 at 12:06 am
– In reply to: Raya

All of the UCs have access to TAP, so just explain the situation and it’s easy enough for the admissions office to verify the records.

Cate Darkreply
April 20, 2022 at 7:41 pm

Hi Ms. Sun, thank you for all the helpful information. I am going through the transfer process as a UC to UC transfer and I submitted the January TAU, but then I had a lot of schedule changes and was not fully certain of my final schedule until after the March TAU deadline. Due to this, my entire spring quarter schedule is different than what I put on my application. None of the course changes affect my major conditions, but I am worried that my admission offers will be rescinded because of such a big discrepancy in courses. I already reached out to admissions about this but they say that all I can do is SIR and send my transcripts in and wait and see. Do you know if UC’s commonly rescind admissions for changes that big?

April 21, 2022 at 6:13 pm
– In reply to: Cate Dark

If the changes don’t impact your overall unit count, English/math requirements, major prep, and/or GE/UC-reciprocity, you should be fine.

Vincentreply
April 23, 2022 at 10:50 pm

Hi Ms. Sun, I recently got accepted as a Fall 2022 transfer student but am worried about a rescinded acceptance. A course I stated as “planned” for Spring 2022 on my TAU is not on my current schedule. It’s not a major prerequisite/related, it doesn’t affect my unit count nor GE requirements, and it’s not a conditioned course for admission. I informed them of the schedule change but all they will tell me is that they cannot determine how a schedule change may impact my admission until all documents are received and reviewed. Is my admission in jeopardy? I feel like I’m okay but can’t help overthink.

April 23, 2022 at 11:14 pm
– In reply to: Vincent

If the schedule change doesn’t affect your overall unit count, English/math requirements, major prep, and/or GE/IGETC, then you should be fine.

bryantreply
May 1, 2022 at 10:59 am

Hi Ms Sun, I recently was accepted at UCSD for Computer science. I have accepted their offer, SIR, and sent my official transcripts. However, I mistakenly reported the wrong grade for one of my calculus classes (I reported 4.0 instead 3.9). I have contacted admissions and they said that they would note it down and review this discrepency at a later date. Will my application be rescinded?

May 1, 2022 at 6:24 pm
– In reply to: bryant

I don’t think UCSD will cancel your admission offer something like this (the discrepancy is minor).

jkotecreply
May 12, 2022 at 7:51 pm

Hello,
I recently submitted my SIR to UCSD and realized that a non-transferable course (trigonometry) is missing from my UC application. Will this lead to my acceptance being rescinded? It seems like the UCs are willing to cancel admissions over any discrepancies so I’ve been really worried…

May 12, 2022 at 8:08 pm
– In reply to: jkotec

Don’t worry about it. The UCs have definitely said (repeatedly) that they don’t give credit for Trig classes (so, technically, as far as the UCs are concerned, such classes “don’t exist”).

futureanteaterreply
June 2, 2022 at 3:52 am

Hello!
I was recently accepted at UC Irvine as a Computer Science transfer student on April 15. In my TAU, I reported before March 31 that I withdrew from 2 computer science related courses(not required and not listed in the major prep requirement in assist.org). According to a counselor at UCI, “All TAUs submitted before March 31 would have been reviewed before an admission was made.” I met all of the articulation agreement by major from assist.org except for one course along with General Ed. Additionally, I forgot to report dual enrollment courses I took in high school because it’s been 5-6 years ago. I took a Principle of Biology course and received an A-, and I withdrew from one Intro to Computer Science Course. I recently notified my UCI counselor of both the withdrawals and forgotten courses. I currently have more than 70+ units. I’ve been worried as this is my dream school and I’m wondering if the 2 withdrawals and forgotten reported courses will cause my offer to be rescinded?

June 3, 2022 at 6:57 pm
– In reply to: futureanteater

I think you should be fine.

Johnreply
June 2, 2022 at 4:17 am

Hi! As I was checking my UC application, I accidentally reported my Physics Course as an excused withdrawal instead of withdrawal. I tried my best to be as consistent and accurate as possible. Will this affect my college decision for UCSD or UCI?

June 3, 2022 at 6:58 pm
– In reply to: John

I don’t think it’s that big of a deal but you may want to notify the campuses of the error.

Questions or Comments?