UC Transfer Academic Update

From Transfer academic update (retrieved on January 9, 2022):

After applying, transfer students are required to update their grades and course records.

You must provide your final grades from the previous term and list all courses in progress or planned for the term before you expect to enroll. Your updates will ensure UC campuses have the most current academic information available. Even if you do not have any in-progress or planned courses and your record of course grades was complete in your original application, you must log in to your application and complete the Transfer Academic Update.

Fall 2022

TAUs need to include grades through fall 2021 and planned coursework through summer 2022. The priority deadline is January 31, 2022.

Notes:

• The Transfer Academic Update is available online now.
  • ALL transfer applicants (sophomore, junior, and senior transfers) MUST complete the update at least once before the priority deadline.
  • The Transfer Academic Update will remain open after the priority deadline and transfer applicants may continue using it to submit grades/schedule updates until the end of March.
  • Remember that UC campuses may hold you accountable for planned summer courses (and cancel your admission offer when you don’t come through; I have heard of a few instances of such cancellations). Do NOT put down summer courses unless you know for sure that: 1) the courses will actually be offered and 2) you are fully committed to completing the courses.
  • Berkeley requires an additional update which can be accessed through MAP@Berkeley. Berkeley transfer applicants MUST complete BOTH the Transfer Academic Update and the Berkeley update in order to be considered for admission.

Help support this blog by making a contribution today! Any amount is greatly appreciated!

Davidreply
January 10, 2022 at 5:40 pm

Hi, I was wondering if we could include significant achievements in the TAU as part of the additional comments section.

January 10, 2022 at 6:14 pm
– In reply to: David

That section is meant for academic-related explanation/description and has a 550-character limit that is not accumulative (whatever is in the box is what the admission officers will see; anything submitted and then removed/replaced will not be tracked by the application system).

Sofyareply
January 15, 2022 at 4:03 pm

Hello, thanks for all the info! I was wondering if I can submit a second TAU since there is one class change from my spring 2022 schedule. Are all the entries of TAUs showing in the system? I have already submitted one on January 7, 2022. I can still take the class but it won’t be offered in person anymore. Would you recommend that I keep the class and not submit another TAU, or it is ok to submit another one?

January 16, 2022 at 10:31 am
– In reply to: Sofya

As long as your first submission occurred before the end of January, you will be “on time.” Any subsequent submissions will replace the information you previously submitted (so whatever is showing on your TAU is what the admission officers will see). The UCs encourage students to update them of schedule changes and new grades, but do not guarantee review of information submitted after the end of January (but I encourage everyone to submit updates since that is a guaranteed way for you to say you had notified UCs of changes). The TAU will remain open until the end of March and you may continue to submit changes until then.

Jessicareply
January 22, 2022 at 2:04 am

Hi, Ms. Sun! Thank you so much for this post. I submitted two TAUs- I needed to clarify something, thus, I submitted another one. Would the UCs see all versions that I submitted? Or just the most recent one?

January 22, 2022 at 10:51 am
– In reply to: Jessica

The UCs will only see the latest version (information you changed or removed will not be available).

Questions or Comments?