UCs just released the Fall 2021 freshman and transfer application numbers. There was a dramatic increase in freshman applications (18% increase from previous year) and a slight increase in transfer applications (7% increase from previous year). Below are press releases and related news article that have appeared so far:
- UC System: All-time record-high number of applicants apply to UC, with Chicano/Latino students comprising largest proportion
- Berkeley: Record-high number of high school students apply to UC Berkeley
- Davis: Record Number Apply for UC Davis Fall Entering Class
- Irvine: UCI receives most applications in campus history
- UCLA: UCLA breaks applications record, sees surge in applicants from underrepresented backgrounds
- Merced: UC Merced Receives Highest Number of Applications in Campus’s History
- Riverside: Pandemic hasn’t deterred UCR applicants; new record is set
- Santa Cruz: With record applications, UC Santa Cruz poised to build exceptional, diverse fall class
- LA Times: UCLA smashes records for freshman applications with big hikes among Black, Latino students
Know someone who can benefit from this information? Share the page with family and friends using a button below!
Help support this blog by making a contribution today! Any amount is greatly appreciated!