Plan out and follow your college admission journey as you normally would (make a college list, practice for the SAT, apply to colleges, file FAFSA, etc.), but do it as part of College Board’s Opportunity Scholarships program, and earn chances to win anywhere between $500 and $40,000 (3,975 scholarships total will be awarded) to help you pay for college!
The deadline for Build Your College List scholarship is July 31, 2019 (last chance for this scholarship; must enter for this and all other scholarship drawings at least once to become eligible for the $40,000 scholarship drawing). Simply add at least six colleges (each UC and CSU campus counts as one college!) to your Big Future My Colleges list by the deadline to earn a scholarship entry. Just follow the prompts on the Opportunity Scholarships program page to get started.
There are monthly drawings for the remaining scholarships :
- Complete 6 hours of Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy (150 monthly scholarships of $1,000 each available between now and October 2019)
- Practice 12 hours for the SAT on Khan Academy + improve your SAT score by 100+ points from your PSAT or initial SAT score (25 monthly scholarships of $2,000 each available between now and December 2019)
- Update your college list to include a mix of academic safety, match, and reach schools (100 monthly scholarships of $500 each available between August 2019 and October 2019)
- Complete the FAFSA (200 monthly scholarships of $1,000 each available between October 2019 and December 2019; 100 monthly scholarships of $1,000 each available between January 2020 and February 2020)
- Apply to 2+ colleges between October 2019 and February 2020 (500 scholarships of $1,000 each awarded in February 2020)
- Complete at least one entry for each of the six different scholarships (25 scholarships of $40,000 each awarded in February 2020)
Why are you still here? Go register for the Build Your College List scholarship on the Opportunity Scholarships program page now!
Sources: Opportunity Scholarships – My Action Plan; The College Board Blog – College Board Opportunity Scholarships; College Board Opportunity Scholarships and Recognition Program Class of 2020 – Official Rules
Know someone who can benefit from this information? Share the page with family and friends using a button below!
Help support this blog by making a contribution today! Any amount is greatly appreciated!