Panic setting in after that hasty application submission?
You may log back into the application and update/correct the following information:
- Personal information
- Release authorization
- For freshman applicants ONLY – SAT, SAT Subject, ACT scores
- Add a campus (if available)
You may also:
- Pay for your application online
- Review your submitted application
- Check your application status
- For transfer applicants ONLY – update your application in January
There are a few things, such as family size/income or other background information, that you can change over the phone by calling the UC Application Center at (800) 207-1710 (within U.S.) or (925) 298-6856 (outside U.S.).
For anything else, you must submit a correction by email (from the email account you used for your UC Application OR include that email address with the correction) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your full name, date of birth, UC Application ID, a full description of the mistakes, and your corrections.
Generally you want to focus on errors or omissions in the Academic History section. You may correct mistakes in other sections, but each UC campus will determine whether to accept the changes.
Here are some details on how the corrections are processed:
- The UC Application is locked; when you log back into the application system, you will ALWAYS see the application you originally submitted (except for changes processed by the UC Application Center over the phone; those changes would be reflected on your online UC Application).
- Any corrections you email to the UC Application Center will be logged and attached to the end of the original UC Application. For changes made after the UC Applications have been distributed to the UC campuses, the changes will be forwarded to each UC campus where you have applied.
- You should receive an email confirmation once the changes are processed by the UC Application Center.
After you sign up for the applicant account with each UC campus in January, report changes directly to the UC campuses to avoid delay:
- Freshman applicants should submit updates for senior year course schedule changes and/or D/F grades in the Fall term.
- Transfer applicants may continue to use the Transfer Academic Update to make schedule changes until March, although I recommend notifying the individual UC campuses as well.
Here are the websites/instructions for each campus:
Berkeley – Freshman and transfer applicants should submit changes thru MAP@Berkeley.
Davis – Freshman and transfer applicants should submit changes thru MyAdmissions.
Irvine – Freshman and transfer applicants should submit changes thru MyAdmission and Message Center.
Los Angeles – Freshman and transfer applicants should use this form to submit changes.
Merced – Freshman and transfer applicants should submit changes thru myUCMerced.
Riverside – Freshman and transfer applicants should submit changes thru MyUCR.
San Diego – Freshman and transfer applicants should submit changes thru MyApplication.
Santa Barbara – Freshman and transfer applicants should submit changes thru Application Status.
Santa Cruz – Freshman and transfer applicants should submit changes thru MyUCSC.
If you just have no idea what you are supposed to do, politely ask one of the overworked admissions staff to help you figure out your next step:
Berkeley – (510) 642-3175, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 12 noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Davis – (530) 752-2971, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Irvine – (949) 824-6703, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Los Angeles – (310) 825-3101, Monday-Friday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Merced – (209) 228-7178, Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Riverside – (951) 827-3411, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
San Diego – (858) 534-4831, Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday, 12 noon to 4 p.m.
Santa Barbara – (805) 893-2881, Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 12 noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Santa Cruz – (831) 459-2131, Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Know someone who can benefit from this information? Share the page with family and friends using a button below!