Fall 2022 UC Transfer Admission Guarantee Filing Period Now Open

UC TAG Information

TAG filing period for Fall 2022 application cycle is open during the month of September (deadline is September 30). You must apply to TAG through the Transfer Admission Planner.

Please remember to replicate your transcript in the “Coursework” section. You may import your academic information from TAP into the UC Application, provided that you used the same email address for your UC TAP account as your UC Application account. Before you submit TAG, make changes to your academic information in TAP then sync them to your UC Application (because you CANNOT import changes from your UC Application into TAP; keep in mind that changes you make in TAP will take a day to process before you can sync them to the UC Application). After you submit TAG, TAP will be locked and any subsequent changes to your courses must be made in the UC Application (until you submit it) or the Transfer Academic Update, which will open in January (priority deadline is January 31; you may continue to use the form for submitting course changes until the end of March).

REMEMBER – The Transfer Admission Planner and the UC Application are TWO SEPARATE SYSTEMS. You MUST set up an account on each system and submit both applications to be considered for admission. Your TAG major MUST MATCH the major you have on your UC Application for the UC campus where you filed TAG; if the TAG major and your major for that UC campus on the UC Application do NOT match, your TAG will be VOIDED!

UCs that provide pre-evaluation of coursework (Davis and Merced) should notify you of your TAG decisions by November 15.

Keep in mind that Transfer Admission Guarantee is CONDITIONAL. You must complete ALL TAG requirements in order to be guaranteed and failure to complete the requirements will VOID your TAG!

Please review the Fall 2022 TAG Matrix for a campus-by-campus comparison of the TAG requirements. Some UCs require you to meet the TAG requirements as early as the end of summer term before you apply, so make sure you fulfill all requirements within the timeline imposed by those campuses.

Campus TAG Requirements

Remember that some majors are excluded for TAG; only the majors that accept TAG will be in the “Choose a major” drop-down box on the TAG application. Many UCs now have different minimum GPA requirements for different majors. Make sure you have met the GPA requirement for YOUR major at the campus you want to TAG before you apply! Complete the application early so you have enough time to deal with unexpected situations (like finding out you’re missing required major prep courses or that you cannot TAG your major for the campus you intended).

Details of the TAG program at each campus:

Help support this blog by making a contribution today! Any amount is greatly appreciated!

Zekoreply
September 2, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Hello,

UCD TAG requires enrollment at CCC as full time student during Spring term 2021. This requirement also applies to students who were in high school during Spring 2021. How can a HS student be considered as a full time student at CCC during the same term?

I graduated from HS in June 2021 and took many classes during HS at several CCC as a dual enrollment student. During Spring 2021 (while a HS student) I completed 11 quarter and 5 semester units at two different CCC. Does that satisfy the TAG requirement?

Thank You!

September 2, 2021 at 11:42 pm
– In reply to: Zeko

You only needed to be “enrolled at a CCC for the spring term prior to applying for a UC Davis TAG.” Full-time enrollment is “strongly recommended” but not required.

Seanreply
September 28, 2021 at 2:56 am

Hello, when I apply for TAG, will both my primary major AND alternate major be considered for TAG? Or just one. For example I am applying as an Econ TAG major to UCSB, but I will put alternate major poli sci on my app. If for some reason I am not able to be admitted TAG to econ, will they evaluate me for poli sci? Or will I just be pushed to regular admissions automatically?

September 28, 2021 at 10:10 am
– In reply to: Sean

You are only guaranteed whatever major you put on the TAG (there is no alternate). You either qualify for guarantee (met all of the requirements) or don’t (did not meet all of the requirements) for the major you chose, so there is no consideration for alternate major (there isn’t one for TAG). If you don’t qualify for TAG, then you’ll be considered for regular admission (but you probably wouldn’t know because UCSB doesn’t really inform you one way or the other – although I read in a report somewhere that the campus was going to improve communication to TAG students so maybe you will hear something).

Damon Mreply
October 20, 2021 at 9:04 am

I have a question regarding the TAG. Is there a chance that you can meet all of the requirements of the TAG but then be redirected to another UC such as Merced that is less impacted? Or, it it cut-and-dry that if you apply to a UC through the TAG and you meet their requirements, the school that you applied to (Davis) is now obligated to accept you? After all, it’s positioned as a “guarantee.”

October 20, 2021 at 9:12 am
– In reply to: Damon M

You will be admitted if you have met all of the requirements. Sometimes students think they have met the requirements but they haven’t because of some technicality. I have heard of one case where a student received a C in the first calculus, a B in the second calculus, and then did an extra calculus (third) with a B. But because Irvine requires B or better in the first two calculus classes (the third one didn’t count), the student’s TAG was rejected (a lot of UCs, especially Irvine and Santa Barbara, would not admit students for regular admission when the TAG is rejected, most likely for really competitive majors).

RMillerreply
December 12, 2021 at 4:01 pm

Hello Ms. Sun, My UCD Tag was rejected, which I expected. This was because I moved my ENGWR 301 to the final semester, not realizing it had to be completed or in progress by Fall.
However, the stated reason for the TAG rejection was that I won’t have enough transferable credits. I will have 60.67 semester/91 quarter UC transferable credits by the end of Spring semester. I had some prerequisite Calculus my Freshman year, but I’m not counting those in this total. My UC Application says 68.67 units total; 50 certified transferable from course work and 10.67 UC transferable from AP scores (I had Lang & Comp + Lit & Comp, so I don’t get credit for both). So, that’s a total of 60.67 UC transferable. I will have met the 7-course pattern and IGETC, and I have a 4.0 college GPA. Why do you think I’m getting this message? Is it actually just about the timing of my English writing class, but they use a default rejection message?

December 12, 2021 at 4:15 pm
– In reply to: RMiller

Talk to the Davis TAG contact for your community college (find out who that is here).

I would say that generally the UCs don’t like it when students are completing barely above the minimum units required for transfer (during appeal/waitlist season every year, I see a chunk of students with projected completion of 60-61 semester units who are otherwise qualified for admission). This has to do with the fact that 1) you may fall below the minimum if you inadvertently took a non-transferable course; 2) if there is some error in the calculation of the duplicate credit; 3) there are actually quite a few more reasons but I’m not going to enumerate them all here.

Questions or Comments?