Current Applicants – Reporting Changes/Withdrawing Application

Reporting Schedule Changes and Non-Passing Grades

Freshman Applicants

Looks like the UCs recently changed how non-passing grades and schedule changes should be submitted by freshman applicants. Previously students were encouraged to send grade updates to individual campuses, but the latest UC communication to counselors specifically stated that freshman applicants should submit D or F grades earned in senior year to the UC Application Center. Here is the relevant information (including submission instructions):

Q: My student filed an application for freshman admission in November, but has now received a D grade in one course for the first semester of the senior year. Does my student need to report that grade now?

A: Yes, freshman applicants who earn D or F grades after submitting the application must notify the UC Application Center immediately by email at or postal mail at UC Application Center, P.O. Box 1432, Bakersfield, CA, 93302. All correspondence must include the student’s full name, Application ID number, and a signature (postal mail only). We recommend that students keep a copy of their correspondence.

Transfer Applicants

Transfer applicants should continue to update their Fall 2018 and Winter and/or Spring 2019 grades and schedule using the Transfer Academic Update until the end of March. To make changes to coursework and grades from previous terms and after the Transfer Academic Update closes, submit the information through your applicant portal with each UC campus.

Withdrawing Your UC Application

If you need to cancel or withdraw your UC Application, follow the instructions here. Remember the UC Application fee is nonrefundable!

Know someone who can benefit from this information? Share the page with family and friends using a button below!

Help support this blog by making a contribution today! Any amount is greatly appreciated! (Don’t have a PayPal account? Click “Pay with Debit or Credit Card”!)


Join the discussion and tell us your opinion.

February 4, 2019 at 9:28 am

Is it possible to update your self reported grades on the UC application with the Senior Fall Semester grades (which improve overall GPA)?

Ms. Sunreply
February 4, 2019 at 12:00 pm
– In reply to: Susan

No, but some UCs allow you to optionally report senior year fall semester grades (Davis has a form, but you need to look around in your applicant portal to find it; someone mentioned Santa Cruz will be officially asking for Fall grades later this month) and you can also report fall semester grades if you receive a supplemental questionnaire.

Any Questions?