Resources for Veterans and Their Dependents

Dependents of U.S. veterans who meet eligibility requirements can qualify for College Fee Waiver for Veteran Dependents benefit that waives mandatory system-wide tuition and fees at any California Community College, California State University, or University of California campus.

The UCs have a dedicated veterans resources portal that provides general admissions information and contact information of veteran service representatives at each UC campus. Remember that veterans are encouraged to use their Personal Insight Questions response to describe how their military service has been instrumental in developing their educational plans; see Veterans Resources – How to apply for details.

CSUs have a Troops to College Program for active duty military personnel, veterans, military spouses, or military family members.

Know someone who can benefit from this information? Share the page with family and friends using a button below!

Help support this blog by making a contribution today! Any amount is greatly appreciated!


Join the discussion and tell us your opinion.

February 2, 2021 at 6:00 pm

Ms. Sun, what about active duty military dependents who recently moved away from CA to an overseas base with anticipation of moving back to CA?
Also, own a house in CA.

Ms. Sunreply
February 2, 2021 at 9:15 pm
– In reply to: Robert

Are you asking about residency classification?

Leave a Reply to Robert Cancel reply