The 2020-2021 Common App is open now. In addition to information about the Common App, this post also includes other “shared” college applications available to you and resources for transfer applicants applying to private and out-of-state colleges.
- Common App Information & Resources
- Other “Shared” College Applications
- Resources for Transfers Applying to Private and OOS Colleges
Common App Information & Resources
The 2020-2021 Common App is mobile-friendly; although I would suggest completing the forms on a computer (unless you really want to type out your essays on your phone). If you created an account for the previous application (2019-2020), you will be able to roll over your information to the current application (2020-2021).
- Application guide for first-time students – step-by-step guide for freshman applicants
- Application guide for transfer students – step-by-step guide for transfer applicants
- Common App Ready toolkit – resources for counselors (but great for parents too!)
- First-year essay prompts
- What’s New with Common App (June 2020)
Other “Shared” College Applications
In addition to Common App, you have other options in the “shared” application you can complete depending on your list of colleges:
- Coalition Application (Member Schools)
- Universal College Application (Member Colleges)
- Common Black College Application (54 Member Colleges – list is on the home page)
Resources for Transfers Applying to Private and OOS Colleges
Don’t assume you are limited to the UCs or CSUs if you are attending a California community college. For other college options, check out Saddleback College Transfer Center’s list of articulation agreements with Private and Out-of-State Colleges and Universities (some accept IGETC).
Many California private colleges (member institutions of AICCU) now offer Transfer Admission Guarantee to California community college students completing their Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT). Go here and look under “Participating Independent, Non-Profit Universities in California” for the latest information.
Know someone who can benefit from this information? Share the page with family and friends using a button below!
Help support this blog by making a contribution today! Any amount is greatly appreciated!