The 2019-2020 Common App is open now. In addition to information about the Common App, this post also includes other “shared” college applications available to you and resources for transfer applicants applying to private and out-of-state colleges.
- Common App Information & Resources
- Other “Shared” College Applications
- Resources for Transfers Applying to Private and OOS Colleges
Common App Information & Resources
The 2019-2020 Common App is mobile-friendly; although I would suggest completing the forms on a computer (unless you really want to type out your essays on your phone). If you created an account for the previous application (2018-2019), you will be able to roll over your information to the current application (2019-2020).
- Application guide for first-time students – step-by-step guide for freshman applicants
- Application guide for transfer students – step-by-step guide for transfer applicants
- Common App Ready toolkit – resources for counselors (but great for parents too!)
- 2019-2020 Common Application essay prompts
- What’s New with the Common App – changes and new features for the 2019-2020 application season
Other “Shared” College Applications
In addition to Common App, you now have some choices in the “shared” application you can complete depending on your list of colleges:
- Coalition Application (Member Schools)
- Universal College Application (Member Colleges)
- Common Black College Application (54 Member Colleges – list is part of the autoscroll banner on the website home page)
Resources for Transfers Applying to Private and OOS Colleges
Don’t assume you are limited to the UCs or CSUs if you are attending a California community college. For other college options, check out Saddleback College Transfer Center’s list of articulation agreements with Private and Out-of-State Colleges and Universities (quite a few accept IGETC).
Many California private colleges now offer Transfer Admission Guarantee to California community college students completing their Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT). Find more information here.
Know someone who can benefit from this information? Share the page with family and friends using a button below!
Help support this blog by making a contribution today! Any amount is greatly appreciated! (Don’t have a PayPal account? Click “Pay with Debit or Credit Card”!)