The 2017-2018 Common Application opened back on August 1st. In addition to information about the Common App, this post also includes other “shared” college applications available to you and resources for transfer applicants applying to private and out-of-state colleges.
- Common App Information & Resources
- Other “Shared” College Applications
- Resources for Transfers Applying to Private and OOS Colleges
Common App Information & Resources
The 2017-2018 Common App is mobile-friendly; although I would suggest completing the forms on a computer (unless you really want to type out your essays on your phone). If you created an account for the previous application (2016-2017), you will be able to roll over your information to the current application (2017-2018).
- Common App Training Resources Library – videos addressing pretty much every question you will have about the Common App
- 2017-2018 Common Application Essay Prompts
- Key Innovations for 2017-2018 Common Application – changes and new features
Other “Shared” College Applications
In addition to Common App, you now have some choices in the “shared” application you can complete depending on your list of colleges:
Resources for Transfers Applying to Private and OOS Colleges
Don’t assume you are limited to the UCs or CSUs if you are attending a California community college. For other college options, check out Saddleback College Transfer Center’s list of articulation agreements with Private and Out-of-State Colleges and Universities (quite a few accept IGETC).
Back to Top
Know someone who can benefit from this information? Share the page with friends using a button below!