Applicant’s Remorse

Discovered errors after you submitted your UC Application?

You may log back into the application and update/correct the following information:

  • Personal information
  • Release authorization
  • For freshman applicants ONLY – SAT, SAT Subject, ACT scores
  • Add a campus (if available)

You may also:

  • Pay for your application online
  • Review your submitted application
  • Check your application status
  • For transfer applicants ONLY – update your application in January

There are a few things, such as family size/income or other background information, that you can change over the phone by calling the UC Application Center at (800) 207-1710 (within U.S.) or (925) 298-6856 (outside U.S.).

For anything else, you must submit a correction by email (from the email account you used for your UC Application OR include that email address with the correction) to Be sure to include your full name, date of birth, UC Application ID, a full description of the mistakes, and your corrections.

Generally you want to focus on errors or omissions in the Academic History section. You may correct mistakes in other sections, but each UC campus will determine whether to accept the changes.

Here are some details on how the corrections are processed:

  • The UC Application is locked; when you log back into the application system, you will ALWAYS see the application you originally submitted (except for changes processed by the UC Application Center over the phone; those changes would be reflected on your online UC Application).
  • Any corrections you email to the UC Application Center will be logged and attached to the end of the original UC Application. For changes made after the UC Applications have been distributed to the UC campuses, the changes will be forwarded to each UC campus where you have applied.
  • You should receive an email confirmation once the changes are processed by the UC Application Center.

Freshman applicants are expected to continue reporting errors, senior year schedule changes, and/or non-passing (D or F) grades in senior year courses to the UC Application Center by email at (include your full name and Application ID number).

Transfer applicants should use the Transfer Academic Update to make changes to Fall grades and/or Winter/Spring schedule until March. Errors in previous terms must be reported to the UC Application Center by email at (include your full name and Application ID number).

Know someone who can benefit from this information? Share the page with family and friends using a button below!

Help support this blog by making a contribution today! Any amount is greatly appreciated! (Don’t have a PayPal account? Click “Pay with Debit or Credit Card”!)

Any Questions?